“Halloween fun that won’t haunt you after!”
Avoid a hair nightmare before Christmas with these tips on how to create dramatic (and temporary) looks for your hair, makeup, and nails!
Splat Hair Chalk Temporary Hair Color sits on top of your hair and does not penetrate the hair shaft, so you can wash it out when you are done!
For the best results:
- Keep the color from getting on clothing by wearing a towel or drape
- If your hair is dry or damaged you may want to prep your hair with a leave-in conditioner. Let it dry, then proceed.
- Make sure when you are applying the color, to use small sections—no bigger than what will fit within the shadow compact.
- Place the shadow between your thumb and your hair, slide the shadow down the hair turning the hair as you go to ensure the hair is completed covered.
- Be bold. If you are a blonde most shades will give you a bright spark of color. If your hair is darker—brown or black, then try a deeper saturated shade.
- You can use two or three colors to create an ombre effect.
- When you are finished, gently comb through the hair to make sure any residual color is not left on the hair.
- To set the colors, apply an aerosol hairspray.
Hair Color Spray
Manic Panic Amplified Temporary Hair Color Spray comes in an array of vibrant, opaque colors that spray in and wash out, damage-free.
To get the best results, follow the guidelines below:
- Keep the color spray from getting on clothing by wearing a towel or drape.
- Shake the can well before spraying.
- Apply to dry hair. (Audrey tip: Pre style the hair beforehand, especially up-styles)
- Hold the can about a foot away from hair.
- When spraying around your hairline, use a piece of cardboard to mask your skin.
- For thick or long hair: Spray hair in sections and flip to coat the undersides.
Start with some Eyeliner and Mascara from bareMinerals then add a set of dramatic Strip Eyelashes from Ardell. We have lots of fun styles available that are really easy to apply. Check out Ask Audrey’s How to Apply False Eyelashes and watch the video. If you’d like some more suggestions, to book a makeup appointment for a special event, or just need some makeup advice, visit Tori, our Makeup Artist at the Capitola Store.
Frilly or Fierce Nails
Create a spooky or magical look on your nails using a combination of nail color and simple application techniques. OPI Nail Lacquer makes it easy to do with a variety of shades from subtle shimmers, to brights and bolds. For ghoulish glamour start with a red base. Create a dark ombre by applying a small amount of black to a cosmetic wedge and blot over the tips. For a more whimsical look, try a pastel hue and apply glitter using the same method.
I hope you have a Spook-tacular Halloween, Beauties!
Have a beauty-related question? We'd love to hear it, and so would our readers. Email your questions to Westside Beauty Supply.
We’d love to help.
If you don't have a stylist or esthetician you work with, give us a call and we'll set up an appointment to help you with your skin-care or hair-care products. We have several make-up artists that are happy to help you find new colors and techniques that make you feel beautiful. Letting us know when you are coming in will ensure we can give you all our attention. This is a free service, and there is no obligation to buy our products.
Dear Audrey, I love my hairbrush, but it’s starting to look gross! Can it be cleaned and is there anything...Read More
Dear Audrey, Help! I colored my hair but the tone is off, and it is way too gold for me!...Read More
I have sporadic gray hairs – like 10 or 20. How do I cover them? I don’t want to get...Read More