SuperNail ProDip system is an easy and affordable way to get the look of pricey salon nails from home without lamps or difficult sculpting.
I am no stranger to artificial nails. I spent many years regularly visiting nail salons for acrylics, tips, gels, etc. When the pandemic started, salons in California were closed for months. I had already been thinking about taking a break, so I soaked off my acrylics and went “au natural” for months. I wasn’t used to how thin my nails were, and I decided I was ready for a change. I had received a few requests to carry dip polish at the store, so I ordered a SuperNail ProDip Starter Kit to try out. I LOVE MY NAILS AGAIN! I have been using the system now for three months and am pleased with the results. No lamps or sculpting. Strong, shiny nails that last weeks!
If gel is more your jam, we also carry the full line of SuperNail’s ProGel Polish.
Ready to get dipping?
What you will need:
- Cuticle Pusher or Orangewood Stick
- Nail File and Buffer (kit)
- ProDip Prep 1
- ProDip Base 2
- Dip Powder(s) of your choice
- ProDip Activator 3
- ProDip Finish Gel 4
- Dip tray(s)
- Sponge Wipes
- Optional- ProDip LED/UV Gel Sealant, Cuticle oil, Brush Cleaner
- Always start with clean hands and nails.
- Pour dip powder into disposable dipping tray.
- Use a cuticle pusher or orangewood stick to push back cuticles gently.
- Use a nail file to shape nails and smooth edges.
- Use a nail buffer to gently buff the shine off the surface of the nail.
- Apply a coat of Prep 1 to all 10 nails and let dry.
- One nail at a time, apply a coat of Base 2 to the nail, avoiding cuticle and skin.
- Dip nail into powder by sliding it face up into the tray. Make sure it is covered entirely and wait a few seconds. Then slide out and gently tap off excess powder.
- Repeat the last 2 steps on all 10 nails 2 times.
- Wipe off excess powder with nail wipe.
- Apply a coat of Activator 3 to all 10 nails.
- Use the buffer to gently smooth the surface on all 10 nails.
- Wipe off dust with nail wipe.
- Apply a coat of Finish Gel to one hand. Immediately go back and apply a second coat using no more than 2–3 strokes per nail.
- Repeat on the other hand.
- Allow Finish Gel to dry for 2 minutes (yes, that’s it!)
- Apply cuticle oil to moisturize and you’re done!
Ready to take it to the next level?
Ready for a new color?
Maintenance & Removal:
- To remove, simply file off the shine and soak off just like you would a gel polish or overlay. You can use this handy kit or cotton and foil with acetone remover. Wait until polish has softened and wipe off. Buff off any remaining product on nails.
Want to keep the torch lit?
- Push back cuticles
- File shine (finish gel) off of nails. Wipe off dust & debris.
- Repeat application steps above on the moon-shaped outgrowth area.
- When you get to the Finish Gel, apply it to the entire nail to finish.
Happy Dipping Beauties!
Have a beauty-related question? We'd love to hear it, and so would our readers. Email your questions to Westside Beauty Supply.
We’d love to help.
If you don't have a stylist or esthetician you work with, give us a call and we'll set up an appointment to help you with your skin-care or hair-care products. We have several make-up artists that are happy to help you find new colors and techniques that make you feel beautiful. Letting us know when you are coming in will ensure we can give you all our attention. This is a free service, and there is no obligation to buy our products.